Regional organizations will share nearly $100,000 as part of the latest round of grants awarded through the Oregon Arts Commission.
Oregon Shakespeare Festival collected the lion's share, $72,000, awarded through the commission's Operating Support, Arts Services and Arts Learning programs, the commission announced in a news release.
The Southern Oregon grants are part of $1.19 million awarded in 114 grants throughout the state.
Grants in southwest Oregon include:
- Chamber Music Concerts, Ashland, $5,000 for a season of 12 concerts and accompanying classes and programs.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival, $60,000 to support the festival's 2010-11 season.
- OSF, $12,000 to support the festival's School Visit Partnership program.
- Rogue Valley Symphony Association, $4,000 to support concerts in Ashland, Grants Pass and Medford.
- Grants Pass Museum of Art, $4,000 to support the museum.
- Rogue Gallery & Art Center, Medford, $5,000 to support center programming.
- Rogue Valley Chorale, $2,500 to support its season.
- Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon, $5,000 to support its program.