Fire damages mobile home

A bathroom fire Monday morning in a mobile home park in north Ashland displaced two people and likely cost a pet cat one of its nine lives.

Ashland Fire & Rescue and Jackson County Fire District No. 5 responded shortly after 8:30 a.m. to find smoke coming from a trailer in the Bear Creek Mobile Home Park near the north Interstate 5 interchange. They sent four engines and a water tender, as there was no hydrant access at the park on Corral Lane.

"We were able to get here and knock it down pretty quickly," said District 5 Chief Dan Marshall.

Fire crews also rescued the pet cat from inside, then supplied it with oxygen, he said.

"The cat's in good shape," Marshall said.

After 15 firefighters knocked down the flames, he said. American Red Cross volunteers provided assistance to the two adult residents with lodging, comfort kits and information about disaster health services and mental health support, according to a news release.

Share This Story