Free income tax preparation and electronic filing are available at locations around the Rogue Valley for low-income or moderate-income wage earners through April 15.
AARP provides the service annually to qualifying taxpayers of all ages.
Volunteers trained in tax preparation will be available at these times, dates and locations:
- Ascension Lutheran Church, 675 Black Oak Drive, Medford, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and Fridays; closed March 1;
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., Medford, by appointment only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays;
- Rogue Valley Mall, 1600 N. Riverside Ave., upper level near JC Penney, Medford, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays;
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, White City, from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays and Thursdays;
- Phoenix library, 510 W. First St., Phoenix, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays; closed Feb. 5;
- Talent library, 101 Home St., Talent, from noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays; closed Feb. 7;
- The Grove, 1195 E. Main St., Ashland, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays and from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays;
- Upper Rogue Community Center, 22465 Highway 62, Shady Cove, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.
People must bring photo identification, Social Security cards, 2011 tax return, W-2s, 1099s and all other income and expense records used in filing. Both spouses should be present for joint filing. Returning clients who visit the same location they used last year will get faster service, organizers said.
For more information, call 1-888-227-7669.