The Southern Oregon University Ho'opa'a Hawaii Club hosted its 14th annual luau Saturday at the McNeal Pavilion in Ashland.
Featured were Tahitian, Fijian, Hawaiian and New Zealand dance variations and Hawaiian food, including shoyu chicken, kalua pig, vegetarian curry, lomi lomi salmon and haupia. The theme this year was "Journey to Paradise." The luau preceded International Week, which began Monday at SOU.
Here's a schedule for the rest of the week:
Today, May 4
- Salsa Workshop — Noon to 2 p.m., Stevenson Union Courtyard
- Thai Cuisine Workshop — Noon to 2 p.m., Stevenson Union Foyer
- Panel Discussion on Stereotypes and Racism — 1 to 3 p.m., Stevenson Union Room 319
- Movie Night — "Welcome to the Land of Ch'tis," France, 7 to 9 p.m., Britt lawn
Wednesday, May 5
- French Crêpes Workshop — 12:30 to 2 p.m., Stevenson Union Foyer
- Movie Night — "My Neighbor Totoro," Japan, 7 to 9 p.m., Britt lawn
Thursday, May 6
- Arabic Cooking Workshop — Noon to 2 p.m., Stevenson Union Foyer
- Volleyball Match — 3 to 6 p.m., Garfield Park
- Movie Night — "Jodhaa Akbar," India, 7 to 9 p.m., Britt lawn
Friday, May 7
International Show — 7 to 9 p.m., Music Recital Hall. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Seating is limited
For more information, contact Meagan Lauing DeNeui, international student adviser, 541-552-6660, or visit www.sou.edu/international.