Massage, yoga, veganism, true wealth, science of mind, Ayurveda, alternative healing and other New Age subjects will be explored in booths, talks and sample sessions at Ashland’s first-ever Conscious Living Fair, set for Saturday at Ashland Hills Hotel.
Because every other Ashlander seems to be a healer, teacher or energy worker of some sort, joked fair founder Kathi Kali, it’s surprising the town has never held a New Age “home show” in which people can get free samples and see what interests them for later mind and life expansion.
Kali, a self-described “spiritual prosperity coach,” said she’s got 50 more vendors and presenters than would fit, and she’s already planning the next fair for April 27.
Jordan Pease, executive director of the Rogue Valley Metaphysical Library, said the fair will lift people from a “blinders on” to a more “blinders off” focus.
Kali added that such a consciousness-raising gathering helps people “to see what’s going on in our world and be able to respond more proactively.”
Kali called it “a body-mind-spirit pampering and healing event and a conversation that will elucidate ways our community and world can grow.”
Presenter Kimberly Hawkins, spiritual director of the Center for Spiritual Living in Medford, said she teaches that people can avoid heated politics but should use their spiritual awareness to stand up for values and issues that are in line with their visions for a better world, without necessarily having to name candidates.
Hawkins said her talk is about spiritual psychology drawing from all major faiths “to support people on their own path, using the truth that consciousness creates. This healing and teaching can be very powerful in creating the life of our dreams.”
JoAnn Lewis of the Family Massage Education Center in Ashland will talk about using touch, starting at birth, to be literally “more in touch” with one another toward creating a better world.
The fair will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Galaxy Room of Ashland Hills Hotel, 2525 Ashland St. A $5 entry fee provides access to all presentations. The Luna Cafe is adjacent to the event.
A complete list of presenters can be seen at www.consciouslivingfair.com/speakers, including:
• “Soul Flow Movement Meditation” with Gwendolyn Terra
• “The Magic & Alchemy of Labyrinths” with Ophelia
• “The Cosmology of Wholeness” with Kelley Springer of Love Wisdom Power
• “Young Living Essential Oils & Aromadome Therapy” with Julie Chertow
• “My Love of Ayurveda” with Lynnea Forderer
• “How to Give a Great Massage: An Interactive Demonstration” with JoAnn Lewis
• “The Power of Pelvic Holistic Therapy” with Dr. Ajana Miki
• “Care and Feeding of the Soul; Basic Teachings of Science of Mind” with Kimberly Hawkins
• “Cultivating Inner & Outer Beauty” with Neeta Singh
• “Learn More about Rogue Valley Metaphysical Library” with Lori Lorenz
• “5 Magic Keys to Self-Care” with Victoria Leo
• “The Endocannabinoid System” with Mary Jane Starre, R.N.
• “True Wealth: Tips for Inner & Outer Abundance” with Kathy Kali
• “Shamanic Transitions through Understanding the Medicine Wheel” with Linda M. Held
• “What I Learned from Dying; My 5 Near-Death Experiences” with Victoria Sage
John Darling is an Ashland freelance writer. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.