SALEM — The Ashland Daily Tidings scored three first-place awards and five awards overall in the 2010 Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association contest.
The ONPA presented its 2010 contest awards to member newspapers and announced new officers and directors during the association's annual Summer Publishers Convention, held July 15-16 at the Salem Convention Center.
Tidings winners included:
- Mike Green won 1st place for best website design.
- The Daily Tidings staff won 1st place for best website project for the Tidings Cafe feature of local musicians.
- Mike Green and Julie Wurth took 1st place for best overall website.
- Mike Oxendine took 2nd place for best page one design.
- Bob Pennell won 3rd place for best news photo for his shot of a local SWAT team deploying in the streets of Ashland during a standoff.