Second District Congressman Greg Walden, R-Ore., has planned several meetings and talks in Southern Oregon on Tuesday and Wednesday. His schedule includes:
- 9:15 a.m., Black Bear Diner, 1150 E. Barnett Road, Medford, Marine Corps Birthday Celebration with the Rogue Valley Detachment of the Marine Corps League.
- 11 a.m., KOBI, 125 S. Fir. St., Medford, meeting with Southern Oregon Meth Project participants.
- Noon, Rogue Valley Country Club, 2660 Hillcrest, Medford, congressional update speech to the Medford Rotary, followed by a question-and-answer session.
- 2 p.m., tour of the Siskiyou fire area outside of Ashland with state District Forester Dan Thorpe and Ashland Fire Chief John Carnes.
- 3:45 p.m., 445 Dead Indian Road, Ashland Airport, visit to Sky Research, which specializes in the detection of unexploded ordinance on former military training grounds, and has developed technology to detect IEDs and suicide bombers entering checkpoints.
- 7:30 a.m., Merlin Community Center, 100 Acorn Drive, Merlin, Young Marines breakfast to honor Josephine County veterans.
- 10 a.m., Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center and Clinics Theater, 8495 Crater Lake Highway, White City, Veterans Day ceremony.
Walden's 2nd Congressional District includes 20 counties in eastern, southern and central Oregon. He is a member of the Committee on Energy and Commerce and the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations.