Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHAT A YEAR OF MUELLER HAS PRODUCED
The special counsel’s probe into possible coordination between Russia and Trump’s presidential campaign yields criminal indictments and guilty pleas, tense court appearances, angry tweets from the president and speculation over where the investigation is headed.
2. US HAS DAUNTING TO-DO LIST FOR NORTH KOREA SUMMIT
Who sits where? What’s on the agenda? Will they eat together? What’s the security plan? Trump and his team have plenty to do as they prepare for next month’s expected summit with Kim Jong Un.
3. SURVIVORS OF CHINA’S FAR WEST POLITICAL CAMPS DETAIL ORDEAL
According to Muslim Chinese former detainees, the program aims to rewire their thinking and reshape their identities. Chinese officials say ideological changes are needed to fight Islamic extremism.
4. MIDEAST RIVALS WEIGH NEXT MOVES AFTER GAZA VIOLENCE
Seething over the U.S. Embassy move to Jerusalem, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is preparing to pursue a war crimes complaint against Israel at the International Criminal Court.
5. MULTIPLE INTERCONNECTED THEATERS OF BATTLE IN MIDDLE EAST
Wars and proxy battlefields, within those wars or conflicts, are connected by vying powerbrokers from Israel, Iran, Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Russia and Turkey.
6. SOCIALISM FACING TEST IN VENEZUELA
The South American nation’s socialist revolution is being tested like never before as the country heads into a presidential election Sunday amid an imploding economy.
7. DEMOCRATS HOPE NET NEUTRALITY ISSUE WILL WIN VOTES THIS FALL
Democrats hope their support for equal treatment for all web traffic helps in midterm elections because most Republicans are for rolling back the Obama-era rules.
8. WHERE US BIRTH RATES SURPRISINGLY DECLINED
Despite a good economy, last year saw the lowest number of U.S. births in 30 years, with birth rates declining not only for women in their teens and 20s but also women in their 30s.
9. CANNES DOCUMENTARY: WHITNEY HOUSTON MOLESTED AS A CHILD
Friends of the late Grammy winning singer allege she was molested in her youth by her cousin Dee Dee Warwick.
10. ROCKETS LIVE UP TO TOP-SEED BILLING
James Harden and Eric Gordon each score 27 points as the Rockets showed why they were the NBA’s best team in the regular season with a 127-105 win over the Warriors to even the West finals at a game apiece.