Daniel Meyer Pool will open early for lap swimming only on Monday, June 4, to accommodate expressed interest in an extended lap swim season, Ashland Parks and Recreation has announced.
Lap swimming will be available during the following times, June 4-13:
• Open lap swimming from 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8-9:45 a.m. Saturday and Sunday;
• Senior lap swimming from 10-11:45 a.m. Saturday; and
• Senior gentle swimming from 10-11:45 a.m. Sunday.
Punchcards must be purchased from the Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission by calling 541-488-5340 or at The Grove, 1195 E. Main Street, prior to attending preseason lap swimming sessions from June 4 through June 13.
Daily admissions and punchcard sales will not be available at the pool before June 14 due to low staffing levels. The following punchcards will be available through APRC:
• 10-punch general lap (age 13+), $30;
• 20-punch general lap (age 13+), $50;
• 2018 season pass (age 13+), $195;
• 10-punch senior lap/gentle (age 55+), $25; and
• 20-punch senior lap/gentle (Age 55+), $40.
All prepurchased punchcards will be available to pick up at the pool beginning June 4 and will be valid for the 2018 pool season and future seasons. All punchcards are honored from previous seasons and throughout the 2018 season.
Coached teams and swimmers are not permitted during lap swim sessions. Teams and coached swimmers are asked to utilize private lane reservation times beginning Monday, June 18.
The pool will be open to the general public on Thursday, June 14. The Daniel Meyer Pool, maintained and operated by APRC, is in Hunter Park at 1705 Homes Ave. in Ashland. View complete information at ashland.or.us/Swim. For information on APRC, visit AshlandParksandRec.org.