Ashland’s Daniel Meyer pool has adjusted its schedule due to unhealthful air quality. Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission in a press release said the new schedule will be in place until the end of the swim season or until the area is no longer impacted by smoke
APRC is checking the air quality twice a day, at 9:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on the weekend. The pool, at 1705 Homes Ave., may close when the air quality becomes too unhealthful.
APRC suggests calling the pool directly at 541-488-0313 for schedule updates.
The new summer schedule is:
• Open lap from 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Water aerobics (Tuesday and Thursday) from 12:45 to 1:30 p.m.
• Recreational swim from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday:
• Open lap from 8 to 9:45 a.m.
• Senior lap swim (Saturday) from 10 to 11:45 a.m.
• Senior gentle swim (Sunday) from 10 to 11:45 a.m.
• Open water polo (Sunday) from 12 to 1:15 p.m.
• Recreational swim from 1:30 to 6 p.m.
Due to recent cancellations of swim lessons, beginning Monday, Aug. 6, students can drop in for $6 per lesson when the pool is open. Space is limited to a first-come first-served basis and the number of students taken will be dependent on number of instructors present. Participants are asked to arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to the lesson start time.
• Ages 6 months to 5 years, drop in lessons are available from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
• Ages 6 and up, lessons are from 5:45 to 6:25 p.m. Monday through Friday.