Usher in 2010 with live music, dancing, party hats, champagne and lots of pizzazz. New Year's Eve in Ashland and the surrounding area offers a variety of fun in local clubs.
u Inside the Stagecoach Saloon & Jazz Club, 105 California St., Jacksonville, there will be live music by Zion Train, dancing, hats, horns, glitter and champagne. The band will begin at 8 p.m. Call 899-3148.
- Bella Union will celebrate the New Year with blues and rock by The Rhythm Kings, champagne, party favors and drink specials. The music begins at 8:30 p.m. in the saloon, 170 W. California St., Jacksonville. Call 899-1770.
- Medford's 4 Daughters Irish Pub, 126 W. Main St., will celebrate the New Year with bagpipers and Irish music, DJ Gemini and champagne. The fun starts at 9 p.m. Admission is $5. Call 779-4455.
- Stillwater in Ashland will jam its way into the New Year with several bands, including RaSoul, Bassobese, Crunk in Public, Organik Time Machine, and special guest Lava Machette and Matty Dread. The show begins at 9 p.m. at the bar, 1951 Highway 66, Ashland. Tickets are $10. Call 482-6113.
- The Black Sheep in Ashland will welcome 2010 with an evening of merry-making, champagne toasts, party favors, bagpipes at midnight, fancy dress attire and dinner specials. The celebration begins at 9 p.m. at the pub, 51 E. Main St., Ashland. Admission is $5. Call 482-6414.
- Shenanigans in Medford will kick off the New Year with bagpipes, champagne and a T-shirt and money toss at midnight, as well as live music by the Dead Sea Pedestrians and music by DJ Just 1, party favors and drink specials. The festivities begin at 9 p.m. at the pub, 17 S. Riverside Ave., Medford. Call 776-6945.