Talent will highlight its local flavor at the 2011 Talent Art and Music Festival, held from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 13, in the downtown area.
More than 20 Talent businesses will participate in the free event. Maps are available at participating locations.
This year's festival will include a scavenger hunt. Get a stamp at each venue and return your completed and stamped map to State Farm Insurance, 202 Talent Ave., by the end of the evening for a chance to win a grand prize of $200 in "Talent bucks" (to be spent at Talent businesses).
Here's a look at what's happening around town:
- Oil paintings by Grants Pass artist Shelbi Benson and live music by Opposed 1 will be at A Colorful Talent, 250 E. Wagner St.
- Paintings and live music by Daniel Verner, along with homemade appetizers and coffee by Noble Coffee Roasting will be at Crema, 100 E. Main St.
- Oil paintings by Mitzi Miles-Kubota will be at Downtowne Coffee, 200 Talent Ave. There also will be a live fire-dancing exhibition outside.
- Works by young artists from The Butterfly House preschool and live music by Jive Coulis will be at The Grotto, 302 E. Main St.
- Handmade jewelry by Laurie Reid and women's consignment clothing will be at Funky Fashions, 103 Talent Ave.
- "Sound Waves," a collection of oil paintings by Inger Nova Jorgensen, as well as wine tastings by Eden Vale Winery and live music by Bil Leonhart will be at Harmonic Design & Imaging, 100 E. Main St.
- Paintings by Teri Coté, "Fungal Fotography" by Mike Potts and live music by Ava Joe will be at Inti Latin Soul and Cantina, 109 Talent Ave.
- Watercolor and pastel paintings by Jane Hardgrove and works by student artists as well as wine and refreshments will be at Jane Hardgrove Studios, 113 N. Second St.
- Fine art photography by Kerry Greene, as well as coffee tastings and Nicaraguan rum will be at NicaNelly, 301 E. Wagner St. (on the corner of Talent Avenue and Wagner Street).
- Mixed-media paintings and collage by Melissa Cooley will be at Om Sweet Om, 100 E. Main St.
- Prints by Rod Hodgdon and Jim Thompson, watercolor paintings by Ted Peterson and Jan Cunningham and sculptures by Sarah Gore and Cunningham, along with wine tasting, will be at Paradise in Bloom, 100 W. Valley View Road.
- Work by Talent artists Robert Beckmann, David Lorenz Winston and Peter Van Fleet, as well as wine and refreshments will be at The Bell House Gallery, 104 S. Market St.
- Works by Kathleen Eudora Stewart, studio and student artists, as well as live music by Robbie DaCosta will be at Proof Studio, 106 Talent Ave., Suite 2.
- Photography by Brian LeBlanc, purse designs by Yolanda Nagel, wine tasting and samples provided by Taylor's Sausage will be at Simply Sassy Salon, 106 Talent Ave., Suite 3.
- Works by Karen Rycheck, breads provided by The Tea Room and wines provided by Paschal Winery will be at South Valley Bank, 116 W. Valley View Road.
- Glass-beaded jewelry by Annette Trujillo and live music by Organik Time Machine will be at State Farm Insurance, 202 Talent Ave.
- Works by Jack Langford, Wataru Fugiyama, Merina Goldsmith and Cheryl Haddok, as well as a live bronze-pouring demonstration, will be at Studio One One One, 111 Talent Ave.
- "Feelings," a collection of paintings and collage by Willow Nauth, along with samples of homemade ice cream, will be at Sweet, 105 Talent Ave.
- Photography by Brian LeBlanc will be at the Talent Historical Society, 105 N. Market St.
- Drawings by Ann Hines and watercolor paintings by Chuck Fiock will be at the Talent Library, 101 Home St.
- Wine tastings and live music will be at Tark's Market, 215 E. Wagner St.
- Mixed-media works by Carrie Armstrong, oil paintings by Margaret Dunbar, acrylics on 23-carat gold leaves by Joe Dunbar, along with wine provided by South Stage Cellars and an evening-gown display, will be at Total Picture, 201 Talent Ave.
For more information, call 541-535-3837 or visit www.talentchamber.org.